Sunday 15 April 2012

Maxolen Violet Wax Polish Review

This review has been a long time coming and instead of running through excuses for the delay, I’ll get straight on with the review.  I was lucky enough to be invited to a Maxolen product testing day along with other members of the Celica club. Maxoeln have a large warehouse / workshop in Leeds and on arrival I was pleasantly greeted with a warm welcome and it was great to see a line of Celicas stretch around the car park. As you’d expect there was a long line of people waiting to wash there cars and get there hands on the wax, snow foam and other detailing products.

Due to the sheer number of cars that had arrived it meant that time was short and Chris, who runs the workshop couldn’t spend the time he’d of liked with individuals. As someone who frequently uses car detailing products, I was happy to roll my sleeves up and help some other friends in the club who hadn’t ever waxed there cars.

Unfortunately by the time we got to the front of the queue the snow foam had run out and instead, replaced with Maxolen wash and wax (another review to come soon). After a thorough clean and wash, we rolled the car inside and dried the car using a type of synthetic chamois. I was then handed a bottle of Violet Wax Polish and a small applicator sponge.

Now, I will firstly admit that due to the time restraints and the queue of cars, I felt rushed and as such, the car wasn’t 100% dry, although I felt, dry enough.  I took the applicator sponge and poured around a 50 pence size blob of wax on to it. It quickly becomes clear why it’s known as violet wax, as it comes out in a light purplish colour. Working the sponge over the whole car, adding wax when needed took around 15 minutes and then I allowed the wax to haze, for around 5 minutes.

Using a large microfiber (I think it was a Maxolen one?) I began to remove the wax. Now I found the wax a little more difficult to remove than say Autoglym’s super Resin polish, but it did come off fine, leaving behind a good shine and deep glossy look (Please see the image).

As I’ve only had brief experience with the product, I will move straight onto the summary. All in all I’m a little torn, yes I thought it was a good product, but ideally I’d like to spend a little more time with it. My reservation is mainly based on the ease of removal, however that could be down to a damp car and new microfiber. So with all that said, it’s very reasonable priced, does what it says n the bottle and certainly seems well worth trying out.