Thursday 29 September 2011

ASDA Interior Valet

A couple of weeks back I was on my way out when I noticed a small light coloured  mark standing out against my black cloth sports seats, it didn’t look serious, but it certainly required cleaning. I popped back home and grabbed my can of CarPlan Interior Valet, to find that it was empty (oops). So a quick trip to ASDA was in order (ASDA is my first choice of shops - not including online - as I just find them to be so competitively priced). A quick look over the shelves highlighted that they were out of the CarPlan stuff (not good). The only other product available was the ASDA Interior Valet at £2.00. Now I know I preach about budget options and that you don’t have to spend the earth, but something I’ve always avoided is own brand stuff. Now I was in a pickle, everywhere else was closed and I was keen to clean the interior. I decided to take a shot at the ASDA Interior valet, with view to using it sparingly in case it stained my seats (extreme, but hey). I read over the instructions and they were almost identical to those of CarPlans. If I were to speculate I’d say the stuff inside the can was the same and that ASDA buys it and re-brands it in order to save money, but this is of course just speculation. Once home, I hoovered the seats, then taking the can liberally applied the foam cleaner, working in a sweeping spray pattern. I left the product for 60 seconds or so , then grabbed a clean Kent microfiber cloth and wiped off the dissolving foam. It brought the seats up to a fresh standard, comparable to the CarPlan product I’d used previously.

ASDA has impressed me this year, by offering a good range of car detailing products at market leading prices    (bought some Holts tyre weld for £2.00, it was £7 in Halfords!). Their own range seems to be well thought through and very cheap. If I had to choose between own brand and a trusted manufacturer, I’d take the latter, but at a pinch this stuff is great and if ASDA continue to build on their range it could be well worth considering.