Wednesday 7 September 2011

Meguiars Quick Detailer Review


I have previously mentioned Meguiars Quick Detailer when I was reviewing it along side the Meguiars quick clay starter kit a few posts back, but then I was reviewing it as a lube for the clay bar as opposed to a quality quick detailer in its own right. Firstly I guess we should learn why you would use an occasional detailer as opposed to giving your car a full wash and wax, or just wiping over with a wet microfibre cloth etc. Well the other day I came out to find my car had been blessed by a passing bird by virtue of a dropping. Let’s just say I was less than pleased, but it did give me chance to try out the Meguiars Quick Detailer. The reason for using a detailer, is that if you’ve recently waxed it saves you doing a full wash that can strip the wax off meaning more time waxing again.

Now when this type of thing has happened to me previously and I have just taken a damp warm Kent Microfiber Towel to the area and left it at that. However in this instance I noticed a few finger smudges on the roof as well and decided to wash the roof using turtle wax zip wax, rinse it over and then dry it over with a kent water blade. I could see there was still a good layer of wax, by the way the water was beading, so grabbed the detailer and gave the roof a liberal spray. I then wiped it over with a soft Kent microfibre towel. The roof was once again brought up to a deep lustre and shine.

I can't recommend Meguiars Quick Detailer enough and for in-between waxes it's ideal. I should also mention it smells great, kind of like sweets!