Wednesday 31 August 2011

CarPlan Flash Dash Shine Pad Review

I've never been a big fan of products that make your dash shiny, but then my car's dash wasn't really designed to look that way. However a friend of mine who doesn't clean their car interior was taken with the idea of a product that simply wiped over the dash making it look clean. The other big selling point is its £0.79 price tag.

On inspection the shine pad is well made. It sits in the lid and opens up to reveal a pad not unlike those ones you see to clean shoes. Taking the CarPlan flash dash shine pad, I liberally wiped it over the dash. It's doesn't appear to make the dash wet like some sprays but it leaves a waxy like shine behind it.

Now my friend’s dash is inside a Punto and is a grey coloured dash and it certainly brought it up a treat. My complaints are minor but worth mentioning. As stated before I’m not a fan of a shiny finish and personally I would go for a matt gloss product. My friend has also said that the dash now reflects in the windscreen on a sunny day which can create glare.

I would recommend this product but only if you’re not prepared to use a more through product like the gloss dash shine products from car plan.