Sunday 21 August 2011

Kent Alloy Wheel Brush Review


As I’ve recently purchased a set of AEZ Raver alloy wheels I thought it only right to buy a decent alloy wheel brush. Like most of my purchases it was made whilst doing a regular weekly shop in the supermarket and the Kent Alloy Wheel Brush was on offer for around £1.00. At that price I thought it was well worth a gamble. On first inspection the brush looked to be very well made, a sturdy plastic handle and relatively soft bristles mounted on a strong but bendable twisted wire structure. Something that I always check is if the brush could scratch or damage my wheels, however the packaging was reassuring and the bristles looked to cover the metal wire sufficiently.
 
I used the brush on each wheel carefully moving it over each spoke and it did indeed shift the road grime and brake dust. I will say however that I have previously washed my five spokes using a Kent microfibre mitt and similar results where achieved,

In short I do really like the product but it would be far more effective on multi-spoke alloy wheels with hard to reach places, as opposed to my AEZ Ravers which have a big wide 5 spoke design. I also know that Kent are offering a no metal microfibre alloy wheel brush that may serve my needs better. All in all another strong product from Kent, at a competitive price.