Wednesday 31 August 2011

Astonish Car Care crystal clear wash and wax car shampoo


Astonish Car Care might not be the most well known brand, in fact I hadn't heard of them until I saw a bottle of their wash and wax crystal clear shampoo in a discount warehouse. A decent sized bottle of this stuff was priced at 99p! At that price I couldn't resist. The bottle promises a crystal clear finish and a coat of wax at the same time, not the first time a product has made this claim.

The liquid inside is yellowish and quite thick, smelling citrusy. Mixing half a cap full with a bucket of warm water soon turns it into a bucket of suds, so far so good. After washing the car over with water, I applied the suds to my car with a Kent Microfibre noodle mitt. The astonish wash and wax removed the dirt easily bringing the paint up to a good shine. Now as with other wash and waxes like the Turtle Wax Zip wax I would use this product purely as a shampoo. Although it does give a waxy shine, I don't believe it'll protect like a wax.

I would highly recommend this product as a budget shampoo and one that cleans very well. I'm soon going to be reviewing a shampoo from my friends over at Ninja Shine and it'll be interesting to see how it compares to a budget end car shampoo.