Saturday 6 August 2011

CarPlan Interior Valet Review

I recently got back from a long trip abroad where I'd taken my car and the inside was in need of a freshen up. I decided to clean all my car's upholstery, and although it wasn't too bad I decided to purchase a can of Interior Valet.

A quick look at the products in Halfords outlined that there is a lot of choice. I decided to go for a can of CarPlan Interior Valet. I made my decision based on three things. The first is that many products feature a plastic bristled top for scrubbing the upholstery. However I don't like the idea of scratching away at my seats with stiff plastic bristles and although CarPlan Interior Valet can be bought with such a lid there is an option to get a can without. Secondly the price was excellent, if I recall I paid around £4.00, which compared to some other products is very good. My final reason was that I trust CarPlan’s range and feel they are always good value.

A quick read of the instructions tells you to spray the foam onto the seats leave for around a minute then wipe off with a clean damp cloth. As well as cleaning it also adds a protective clear barrier to your seats that will help them to repel grime and grease etc. I decided to use a damp Kent microfiber cloth as I know they're great at picking up dust and don't mark or scratch surfaces, they also don't get too sticky like some J-cloths which can pull at the seat's fibres.

I sprayed the foam all over the seat and waited as instructed. The CarPlan Interior Valet has a pleasant orangey citrus scent which was a bonus. I wiped the foam off and it left my driver’s seat looking slightly damp but very clean.

I moved onto the rest of the car and was really pleased with the results. I would definitely try this product again and would recommend it to anyone looking for a reasonably priced fabric and upholstery cleaner.