Tuesday 30 August 2011

Trico Neoform Beam Blade Windsreen Wiper Review


In a slight departure from my normal car detailing product reviews I thought I'd review the Neoform Beam Blade wiper blade from Trico, as I've recently purchased them and they're fantastic!.


Ok before I get ahead of myself I’ll tell you why I think they're great in a little more detail. Firstly this is the first type of beam or arc wiper blade I’ve used. If you’re not sure what I mean by that, take a look at the picture to the right. Traditional wiper blades from companies like Bosch (Bosch do a new beam blade style now, so may be worth a look) have essentially a two piece design. They have a rubber blade which is held to a straight metal strip that is then fixed at four points to a plastic frame that connects to your car's wiper arm (sounds complicated, so I’ve added another pic). The Trico Neoform Beam Blade on the other hand is a one piece unit which naturally arcs. When this arc is fixed to your wiper arm on the car and placed against the screen it forms a very close seal which when in operation shifts a great deal more water. I’ve previously seen cheap blades that always left a streak on a screen or even seen some windscreens that have scratched from old blades. This will not happen with the Neoform. They are also very aerodynamic, I believe to be more so than the cheaper style with a spoiler.
The fitment is straightforward (well my Toyota has a hook fitment) and took about 5 mins for all three. The next time it rained I couldn't believe the difference. If you take the time to wash your windscreen and then apply something like CarPlan Screen Clean to your glass, I think you’d be impressed.

Available at most motor stores they cost around £10.00 per blade and are well worth it. Interestingly I saw a cheaper copy in a discount warehouse the other day for £3.00 each, and purchased them to compare. I'll be fitting them to another car at the weekend and will update the Blog with the results.