Sunday 21 August 2011

Achilles ATR Sport Tyre Review - Part Two


Well if you've been following my Blog you'll know that I purchased a set of Achilles ATR Sport Tyres a couple of months back and at the time I was really pleased at how they were performing and taking the price point in to account I thought they were excellent. This leads me nicely into the review - part deux.


I went on a long holiday where I took my car via the ferry to France and back, in total covering around 1000 miles in both the dry (France) and the wet (back home ;-) ) and I'm happy to say the tyres are excellent. They give me confident grip in all conditions (Not snow or ice yet) and didn't make the steering feel twitchy even at motorway speeds in high spray conditions. I will stress that I don't take my car above recommended speed limits on the roads, however I believe the tyres would remain capable. I said last time that I would buy the tyres again should I need to and the verdict remains the same, although as I run a review Blog I may feel compelled to try something different by way of comparison. The Achilles ATR Sport remains a firm favourite in their price range.