Tuesday 26 July 2011

AEZ Raver Alloy Wheels Review


Well as my last post focussed around the Achilles ATR Sport Tyres I thought it would be a good idea to review some alloy wheels, in particular the AEZ Raver Alloy Wheel, from AEZ.

Now AEZ aren’t the biggest name in alloys, which to some extent is a surprise, a quick look over their website shows a handsome range of designs and they look to be as at home on Euro built cars as they are on Jap style cars.

Now before I purchased the AEZ Raver alloys I did a great deal of looking round at wheels and the different alloy wheel styles. I decided that as my car isn't overly modified I’d go for a style that was simple and looked close to the standard wheels, albeit a little better looking and 17 inch as opposed to the factory filled 16's.

Another factor was I didn't want split spoke alloys as they can be very difficult to clean and I came across this video which shows they have a nano tec coating that helps repel dirt and grime, certainly a selling factor to me (see embedded youtube video).

I ordered the AEZ Raver alloys from a popular UK based alloy wheel retailer and they came complete with the Achilles ATR Sport Tyres fitted for around £500.

My first impression of the AEZ Raver alloy wheels was very good; the silver of the wheel was striking without looking cheap or overly bright and once they where no heavier than the 16’s I’d taken off (not that I could tell anyway, although perhaps an accurate weighing is in order).

I would recommend these alloy wheels to anyone who is looking for a simple yet good looking well made alloy wheel, although how they will look on your car is of course a matter of taste.